Terrace Hospice Society (THS) would not be able to exist without volunteers. Before visiting clients, volunteers are required to complete a comprehensive training program. Interested in volunteering? Download the application and return to chair.terracehospice@citywest.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION HERE: Volunteer Application
Specific Volunteer activities may include:
- Listening, keeping in mind that the client and family’s welfare is always of prime concern, and responding when appropriate.
- Spending time or maintaining telephone contact with client\family members.
- Involving the client\family in recreational activities, for example: walks, wheelchair rides, lunch, coffee\tea, movies, shopping, listening to music, playing games and cards.
- Writing letters for clients and reading books or newspapers to clients.
- Assisting with practical tasks, running errands, making clients feel comfortable, providing information about available resources.
- Assisting with transportation.
There are many ways to get involved with the Terrace Hospice Society. By becoming a Volunteer you
help make it possible to continue delivering the programs and services that are so important in our
We need talent of many kinds. Check out our Wanted poster to see where you can find a good fit.
Your gift of time does make a difference. Download your Volunteer Application today.