What is Hospice?
Hospice is an approach to care that:
- Emphasizes comfort, quality of life and dignity to those approaching death,
- Provides friendship and assistance from volunteers who understand the needs of patients and their families,
- Affirms every person’s right to die with dignity, and to be informed and involved in decisions affecting their care,
- Enables terminally ill people to be cared for and die at home if desired, and
- Focuses on quality of living when cure is no longer an option.
The Terrace Hospice Society provides a volunteer-based program that offers compassionate care and support for the dying, their caregivers, and the bereaved in the community.
Our Service Area
Our geographical area covers: Thornhill and West to New Remo road, northern areas on Kalum Lake Road, that are within a 15 minute drive and areas south on Highway 37 that are within a 15 minute drive.